Crispy Beef & Egg Fried Rice Recipe
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 2 cm by 2 cm Cube of Ginger
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 400 Grams of Beef
- 4 Spring Onions (you can just use 1 normal Onion )
- 3 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 250 grams Cook Rice (uncle Ben's Rice is fine)
- 2 Red or Green Chills (optional)
- 4 tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 tbsp Ground Nut oil (or other cooking oil)
- 2 tbsp Shaohsing Rice Wine (Optional)
- Start by cutting the Beef into strips about 1 cm wide and about 4 - 5 cm long.
- Then grab a mixing bowl or saucepan and add the beef along with the corn flour and mix it in.
- Then add the two tbsp of Soya sauce & the 2 tbsp Shaohsing Rice Wine and mix it in until the beef covered in a thin layer of corn flower. If you haven't got the Shaohsing Rice Wine then just substitute with another two tbsp of Soya sauce. however it is recommend to get that crisp texture to use Shaohsing!
- Next add 2 glugs of ground nut oil (or other cooking oil) to your frying pan or wok and place it on a high heat and once bubbling add the beef separating ir the strips with a spachelor and turning frequent for about 5 minutes until cooked, you may want to do this in small batches to prevent the meat sticking together.
- Whilst the meat is cooking clean your spring onions then chop about a centimeter off from the top and bottom trim off the root as well as any ragged ends at the top. Then working up from the bottom chop the spring into 1 cm chucks until it splits then cut the rest a 4 cm to make the tops into a garnish. Final get the flat end of the knife an crush the 1 cm chuck to release the flavors.
- Next remove the bark from the ginger and cop it finely along with the garlic and Chill's. (If you don't like it hot then keep the Chills in i side dish for people to add as they please when served)
- By now you meat should be cooked put this to one side in a bowl and give you Wok a wipe then add another two glugs of oil and add the spring onion, ginger, garlic and chills and cook for about 1 -2 mins and your ready to add your rice.
- Add the cook rice for speed i'm using uncle Ben's Rice so quick two minutes it the microwave and then into the frying pan you can also use your own rice but i suggest if you do then it has been left over night and reheat for the best results.
- Now at your two eggs mix them in and cook on a high heat for two minutes.
- finally add the beef and cook for a further 2 minutes and your ready to serve.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time